Thursday, January 10, 2013

FSC Study Abroad Group!



I am thoroughly enjoying my first week of college classes down here in Lakeland Florida at Florida Southern College. The courses are now a part of the Up with People program if you choose to pay a bit more and do some extra work while on tour. The three classes are Intercultural Communication, Interpersonal Communication, and Contemporary Leadership Models. I did not realize how much I would like the courses and I am so glad I do. The class time goes by so fast because I love every moment of it and everything we talk about. The three classes all relate very closely to what we will be doing and experiencing on our journey around the world. The classes are only going to help enrich our experience, so I feel very lucky to be a part of such an opportunity. Out of the 100 students traveling only 10 of us are taking the college courses. We are known as the Study Abroad students on top of being a part of Up with People. After only a week the 10 of us have already created a bond:) The pictures are of our little Study Abroad group during our first week in Florida. Lots of estrogen in the air and then there is Frank, from China who is holding down the fort! I have no complaints - everything is wonderful!

Oh and one other fun fact for all those Wisconsinites! Most of the architecture on the Florida Southern College Campus was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. So that sure is cool and unique!

No comments:

Post a Comment