Monday, June 3, 2013

Week #21 - Queretaro, Mexico


            Well, well, well what a week I had. We traveled to Queretaro (our second to last city in Mexico) and were greeted with a whole lot of sunshine! Oh my goodness we hit the hot part of Mexico! All week it  has been very hot and sunny and of course that puts everyone in a good mood, but it also makes you sweat and burn! Well we made it through and now we just have one more hot, sweaty week before it’s all over. On that note, we have decided to make the very best of our sweaty shows and enjoy the moments when we have drips in our eyes and streams down our back!
            The city of Queretaro is so beautiful and it is full of plazas (or parks with green trees and benches), little streets with vendors and hand made items. It is a very Mexican looking city full of color and wonderful people! It reminded me of where I exchanged in Mexico a year ago and so I was happy to be in a similar setting.
            The host family this week was a very interesting situation. We had a house to ourselves most of the week, but the time that the host family was here it was quite fun. They took us to a salsa club where we got to salsa and merengue. I got to drive around on the golf cart with my host brother and then in the afternoon they filled the pool with water and we had a barbeque and pool party with friends! What a great day!
            In the UWP part of this week we traveled on Monday and had time to explore the downtown area after meeting the governor of Queretaro. Then Tuesday was an internal day which was a whole lot of fun! The males of the cast surprised us girls with a female appreciation equip with breakfast, manicures, personal appreciations and a man panel where we got to ask any questions we want. I felt so loved and surrounded by such amazing men and people that I was moved to tears ;) Not hard to do considering the extreme vulnerable state I am in during these last two weeks. We also had a laughing session where we compiled videos and pictures from the whole semester, told stories and just laughed so hard for 2 hours! It was so great. On Wednesday I had study abroad and then some more internal time and workshops where we discussed how we can bring UWP and the values we have learned here into our world at home etc. On Thursday I promoted the show throughout the city and had a radio interview in Spanish YAY! . I also went out to a bar where there was a wonderful live hard rock cover band. It brought me back to my days when I sang in my rock band! Friday we had a CI day where I did some school presentations. Then Saturday was our host family day and finally Sunday was show day and intern day so I was one busy woman. We did a fun “mock” rehearsal as our production intern project and we also were in charge of set up and strike and green room and making sure staff appreciation went smoothly. It was exhausting but so successful and as predicted, I  slept like a baby that night!
            Tomorrow we have our last travel day of the semester and we meet our last host families. It is so crazy to realize we are going into our last week and to think we only met 5 months ago and now we have to say good bye to some of our best friends so soon! I am sure  the last week will be full of emotion so I am preparing for the water works! Here we come San Luis Potosi! Make the best of every second of every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment